The on-line interview process has been split into two stages:
The first stage will involve the completion of maths and English skills for teaching audits, a subject knowledge task, written task and video analysis. This will be sent in an interview pack by email to be completed within 7 days.
The second stage will be a formal interview over Zoom. You will be required to put together a 15 minute starter lesson as well as watching a lesson on video that has been chosen purely for discussion and is not deemed to be either a ‘bad’ or ‘good’ lesson. Both these will be discussed at the interview.
If you have applied for a school direct placement and you are successful at the first interview, you will be required to have a shorter, follow up online interview with a member of the school direct school.
The structure of our interview programme will enable us to assess your ability to:
- demonstrate initiative and creative thinking
- make the 15 minute starter activity ‘fun’
- communicate clearly and grammatically in written Standard English, focusing on structure, content, spelling and grammar
- reflect on teaching and learning
- interact with the panel
- establish good working relationships
- adapt to unexpected situations
- commit to continuing professional development
- commit to training for QTS status and gaining the PGCE award through a workplace based course
as well as your
- personal and intellectual qualities suitable for teaching
- knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities and qualities of teachers and knowledge of current educational topics such as special educational needs and disabilities
- awareness of the importance of effective behaviour management strategies, inclusion and safeguarding
Our recruitment process remains thorough and rigorous to ensure selection of the highest quality trainees onto our programme.
Follow this link for hints and tips on how to ace a video interview.