Q.  Do I still get a PGCE with school-based training?

A. Trainees who successfully complete our programme will be awarded QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) with Masters credits.

Q.  What financial support is available with school-based training?

A. Trainees who undertake a school-led teacher training programme are eligible to apply for the same financial support packages i.e. bursaries and student finance that are available for university-led teacher training.

Q.  How much are your tuition fees?

A. Our SCITT Fee Paying places are subject to a Programme Fee of £9,250 (in line with other local and national accrediting bodies).

Q.  I’ve lost my academic certificates.  Does this matter?

A.  Yes.  Applicants who are offered a place will be asked to provide the original certificates for these examinations.  Replacement certificates can be requested from the examination boards for any lost/stolen certificates.  Full details can be found on the Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulations) site.

Q.  I gained my academic qualifications outside of the UK.  Can I still apply to your programme?

A.  Yes.  You must obtain a Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC in order to meet criteria set by the UK Government.

Q.   Do I need to take English and Maths Proficiency audits at interview?

A.  Yes.  We ask all applicants to undertake English and Maths baseline proficiency audits at interview which provides us with data used to assess whether you would need additional support in English and Maths throughout the programme to reach the required standard.

Q.  My degree is lower than a 2:2.  Can I still apply to your programme?

A. We usually accept applications from candidates who hold, or are predicted to be awarded, a minimum class 2.2. However if your class is lower than this please come and speak to us as there may still be options available.

Q.  My degree is not in the subject that I wish to train to teach.  Can I still apply to your programme?

A.  Yes. If your degree is not in the subject specialism you must either hold an A Level in the subject or have considerable relevant industry experience.

Q.  Where can I find independent information on Initial Teacher Training?

A.  Further details on Initial Teacher Training can be obtained from the Department for Education’s ‘Get Into Teaching’ site, which provides all the information you need about a career in teaching and how to get there. There is an option to register with them for information and advice.