Our STEM Paid Internships
Applications for Summer 2018 are now closed, please check back early 2019 for future opportunities.
Wildern STEM Partnership, STEM Paid internships for teaching
If you are considering a career in teaching, want to have a real impact on the future of the pupils in our schools, and are currently in your penultimate year (i.e due to graduate summer 2019) of a STEM or STEM related degree, our STEM paid internships programme for Maths and Physics is an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a school, as well as a gateway to a number of routes into the teaching profession.
Earning £1,200 (£300 per week) our 4 week full-time paid internship programme (starting 18th June 2018) includes:
- High quality structured training by outstanding classroom practitioners
- Observations of exceptional teaching
- The support of an outstanding teacher mentor
- Opportunities to plan and deliver lessons
- Focussed small group support of pupils in lessons and through extra-curricular activities
- Continued support in an application to teacher training position
The Wildern STEM Partnership comprises of our local partnership secondary schools, based in Southampton and surrounding areas.
Physics teachers are required to teach across all Science disciplines in the Secondary school setting. The STEM Paid internship will have a Physics focus but you will have the opportunity to support across Chemistry and Biology also.