“NQTs are supported very well through the transition from trainee to teacher. The transition documentation is of particularly high quality.” Ofsted, November 2016
The Wildern Partnership SCITT, working with the ETC Learning Hub, offers teachers the opportunity for growth and improvement as they progress through their career. We offer many different programmes to support individual development needs. A significant advantage of working within the Partnership is the opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues from other schools and to jointly develop practice.
‘One size does not fit all’ and for that reason we offer professional development which is tailored to the individual, for example, coaching, mentoring, working with peers, working in triads, enquiry visits, workshops, moderation activities and specific specialist input to increase knowledge , skills and understanding.
Early Career Opportunities include:
- The NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) Progression package and NQT Induction
- The RQT (Recently Qualified Teacher) Programme
- Attending Teach Meet events
- Working with a Specialist Leader of Education, Lead Practitioner, Pastoral Leaders
- Applying for NPQML (National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership)
- Joining a research or school improvement group or pursue an area of personal or professional interest e.g. Mental health and well-being, Pupil Voice, Closing the Gap, Behaviours for Learning
- Engaging in formal learning – e.g. Masters
- For teachers wishing to progress with their leadership beyond the classroom there are a range of programmes and progression routes:
- Aspiring to Leadership (A2L) for colleagues new to leadership
- Future Change Makers for experienced leaders and those aspiring to headship
- Support for colleagues applying for Specialist Leaders of Education
- Coaching others to improve performance